Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The TETSUYAS experience

So it's my date's (let's call him Mr Panda just cuz he LOVES pandas) birthday tomorrow 04 April and I thought I need to spoil him since he is getting old.. 29 ahahah!! 

In the past Mr Panda has spoiled me for those special occasions: think xmas, valentines day and birthday. And even on those ordinary days. 
Since Mr Panda loves food and did not want me to give him any gifts, I figured what better way to spoil this 'young' panda man and by taking him to one of THE best restaurant in Sydney, Tetsuyas.
I decided to give him this surprise on the night before his actual birthday due to him going away the next day for 15days.

So, a little something about this renowned chef.



Mr Tetsuya Wakuda is a Japanese born Australian chef who owns Tetsuyas, located on Kent Street in Sydney CBD ---click here---> Tetsuyas map
He has won numerous awards, more information about him and his achievements here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Wakuda


I have heard numerous people claiming it is EXTREMELY hard to get a booking, and that you have to book well in advance.. something as ridiculous as half to a year ahead. I don't know about you, but I have booked at Tetsuyas twice (had to cancelled unfortunately) and had no problem securing a table when I booked ONE day in advance.
So again, this time I booked on Monday for a dinner reservation on Tuesday. The lady in charge for reservation called Stefanie was absolutely helpful and polite. She communicated with me promptly via email.


So I decided to prepay the dinner (Degustation menu with matching wine for 2 guests) since it's easier that way and avoid the awkward "I'm paying. No.. I'm paying" debacle, it is a birthday gift after all. This was easily done by completing a prepay form.


So without further ado... 

(Click on picture to enlarge)

Warm crusty white roll with fluffy innards serve with unsalted butter with Truffles and Ricotta 



Chilled Pea Soup with Mint


Chawanmushi

Sashimi of Tuna

Grilled Scampi with Chicken Liver Parfait 


Signature dish: Confit of Petuna Ocean Trout with Shaved Fennel with Unpasteurised Ocean Trout Caviar 


Mix Salad

Steamed Queensland Spanner Crab with Bean Curd, Foie Gras and Junsai

Matching Pinot Noir

Breast of Quail with Qual Leg Rillettes 

Fillet of grim beef with Wasabi and Mustard Seeds

Desert wine

Pione grapes and grape sorbet
Chocolate Fondant with Hazelnut & Praline

Warm centred Chocolate Fondant with Candied Hazelnut and Cream Fraiche Ice Cream

Strawberry macarons and truffles

Absolutely delicious food! The service was absolutely impeccable. I was in food heaven! Yes it was SOOOOO OVERPRICED but Mr Panda and I both fell in love with the food and want to go back again!


I can finally tick this one off from the bucket list :)


xx,
Chicabel



TETSUYA
529 Kent Street Sydney NSW 2000
(02) 9267 2900



View Larger Map Tetsuya's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment